Are you tired and anxious?
Are you dealing with stress and fear?
Or life is troubling you?
Then I have some words of comfort for you and a few tips to make it through this period. I hope this small compilation is useful for someone. Take one or all of the verses, according to your need.
You’re not called to worry, you’re called to stand aside and see the Lord fight for you. Go to Him in Prayer and believe that He has done that which He says He will do, which is keep you in perfect peace.
- When things come at you from different angles, remember that Jesus calmed the raging storm.
He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
- If you don’t see where your future is headed, remember that your faith is in the One who holds tomorrow
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
- Things may be tough, but your God is tougher
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
- Confess positive confessions
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Take time to care for yourself
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
3 John 1:2
- Stay in tune with the Father
You’re blessed when you stay on course,
walking steadily on the road revealed by God.
You’re blessed when you follow his directions,
doing your best to find him.
That’s right—you don’t go off on your own;
you walk straight along the road he set.
Beginning of Psalm 119 (according to the Message Bible)
- Listen to your heart. If you trust in God, give some more thought to the deep longings of your heart. Very often, they’re put there by God. Let God’s peace guard your heart.
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Walk in confidence
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Even if things don’t go according to your plan, remember that God holds the future and the past.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
- You have a glorious future, a heavenly heritage.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
1 Peter 1:3-6
Peace and love!
Sassy child picture from here.